Sunday, September 28, 2008

Otis

Or at least that is what I call him. He is an adowable wittle puppy dog.... well not too little. He is all white with a big black left eye, floppy ears, and a long tail that is fixed between his legs. He wanders the streets at night; probably because he is too afraid of his own shadow to come out during the day. I think he has been wandering around all summer. It breaks my heart every time I see him. He shamefully scurries away whenever we get close. Tonight he showed some interest in us, but not enough to take a chance. If we ever catch him he is coming home with us.

I don't know his story and that really doesn't matter. Sometimes all we need is a fresh start. He could just be lost, lonely, and afraid of being vulnerable...

I understand its hard to trust, but you have to be willing to try...

No comments: