Monday, September 1, 2008

Jerry

By The Numbers:
82 - Years old
58 - Years as the National Chairmen of MDA
43 - Telethons
65 Million - Dollars raised on this year's telethon
2 Billion - Dollars raised for MDA in 43 years

We had these mandatory online discussion boards for this humanities class I had at MSU. One of the questions was about social icons... I put it off til the last minute like I do everything. I couldn't really think of a social icon... well I ended up writing this thing about Jerry Lewis and it turned out to be the thread of the week. The teacher used it as a example in class.

I wonder if I would even watch the telethon if I wasn't one of Jerry's kids. I wonder if I would be as empathetic or sympathetic if I was normal. Maybe I would be, but probably not to the people that deserve it...

I have been saying for years that it would be a dream come true to go to the national telethon to see Jerry. Every year after telethon I say that I am going to go the next year... but never do... I made a half-assed attempt to inquire about going this summer. I did find out how to find out though... so maybe next year if...

1 comment:

Kristine said...

You are always in my thoughts while I'm watching the telethon. It's the only time I miss being back in Michigan, wishing I could see the clips from camp.