Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Bit the Bullet

So I finally bit the bullet and bought a car yesterday. Its a Matrix like a couple friends of mine have. I am not super pumped though... and I am not really sure why. Maybe its the money or maybe I am just not completely in love with the car, but I really can't think of another car that I would rather have (that I can afford). For a while I wanted to do the noble thing for the D and buy a Ford or GM, but when it came right down to it, the Matrix and Vibe are made on the same assembly line in Canada. So at this point I put aside my ambition to support my home and went with functionality.

Since the name "Trixy" was already taken, I named him "Trixster".

I left Trizzy at the dealer yesterday and drove Trixster home. Needless to say I had some explaining to do when I picked him up today. I honestly felt like I was cheating on Trizzy as I was driving him home today.

It was a hard decision to make. Trizzy and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary together. Its funny how attached I have become to this inanimate object. Yes, you need to be up to date on your tetanus before you ride in it, yes, it has not been detailed...ever, yes, the wipers turn on automatically when you make a turn, yes, the floor is covered with dog hair, yes, it leaks like a sieve when it rains, yes, I have to put water in the radiator twice a week, yes, yes, yes! I hear you haters! But, Trizzy has been there for me for ten years... hauled dirt, mulch, trees, trash, couches, desks, chairs, a section of boardwalk, six kayaks at once, worm bins, you name it. Five years ago, I set off on my own with everything I could fit in a U-haul trailer... and who made it happen; Trizzy did... 23 hours on the road. So how, after 10 years could I throw him away?

Well I can't. You see, its not that my needs have changed, its just that some needs that weren't being met have surfaced and they need attention... Thats all... Never throw anyone out.

No comments: