Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Oh Gainesville--Come to Me

Reset, renewal--that's what you do-al. Why do I have to come to you though? Its nice to refresh the mind. Never seems to happen without some unresolvable stress... you can't do anything about it, but you can't let it go. And this drives you crazy because you are a fixer and nothing drives a fixer nuts like not being able to fix. The fun occupies 90% of the air but that itch distracts you just enough that you put an asterisk by that funness.

Maybe what's bothering me is that I have to do a speech tomorrow and I haven't started it yet. I even had an extra week, because I was suppose to do it last week but Fay saved me. Or maybe its the fact that I return to T-ville and all of my gadgets are malfunctioning. The Triz is being all weird again. My home computer is not willing to go online anymore, and I am pretty sure it is the computer and not the modem. And all of my data in every single GIS project I have done in the last two years is mysteriously undefined now... I needed to move it all to the server anyway, which would require that I redefine them, but now all my work is inaccessible for the time being.

Whatever. One month left. Need a new car. Need to fix my computer. Need to fix my life. But right now I need to write that speech... One step at time...

No comments: