Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fay Day

Ahh. What a nice morning. I woke up before Jesus. The drive in was black and white. The sky and water were dark gray, and the trees were still just silhouettes. An isolated shower was coming in as I was going out over the bridge. I watched the marsh disappear as the crying cloud moved off shore. I stayed dry though. Hopefully that cloud had some tears left for my yard. Been playing in the flower beds lately. Tearing stuff out, moving stuff around, buying new stuff--the quest for all natives. Yet the storm water system drains just behind my house, so naturally there is an arboretum of exotics just over the fence. I can't wait for the storm to get here. I love storms. And of course everybody is freaking out. I had a bunch of routine errands to run when I was sucked in to the mad rush for storm supplies. I almost felt it necessary to tell everybody that I was not at the store for storm supplies, that I just needed some staples, but I didn't, I just contributed to the congestion and consumption. At least I can't be accused of being unpatriotic.

So I asked Rose and Jo if they would come get Gunner if the weather got too bad while I was still at work... They were like "sure... yea we have pretty much been getting him everyday while you are work". hmmm... he didn't tell me that. No wonder he hates my guts, thinks I am boring, and stares at me hoping I die... it's because the neighbor ladies spoil him rottener than I do.

No comments: