Monday, February 9, 2009

So In Love

Lately I have described my likeness of country music as having an inverse relationship to my intelligence over time. The more intelligent I have become the less I like pop/mainstream country music. Despite my efforts to disavow country I can no longer deny my love for Jennifer Nettles. I love everything from her sweet southern-bell drawl to her powerful vocals; she is the shiz... However. Yeah she looked ridiculous ['ly good] at the beginning of the Grammy's but the getup she changed into for the performance was a huge disappointment, much like the mom jeans she wore at the CMA's last year. (not that I watched the CMA's... I don't like country remember).

Other thoughts on the Grammy's (well so far, I haven't finished watching it yet)... My boy Jay Z and Coldplay dee-livered a ridiculous rendition of Lost. (click here for similar version; the Grammy's version got taken down). Sa-weet!..

Will somebody please stop Lil Wayne... how the hell did he get so popular. Who is telling people that he is cool, because seriously, nobody can actually like him on their own accord. He reminds me of Dave Chappelle's crack-head character on Chappelle's Show.

Kid Rock reminds me of my friends back home... It means what it means. I can tell he is Michigan bred. I feel like I could have graduated high school with Mr. Ritchie. I am not saying I am not a fan, or that I am... But in reality it doesn't matter if you like his music, if you are from the mitten state you like Kid. I remember the first time I heard All Summer Long last year; I just knew it would be the song played every day, on every boat, in every truck, on every dock, at every bar, and everywhere in between around my old stompin' ground... and it was. Cuz it was summer time in northern Michigan...

No comments: