Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Winds of Change

So ECT lost the District contract for my job which means that after October I would have to be employed by another contractor if I wanted to keep my job at the refuge... Well ECT has offered to create me a position in New Smyrna. I would be the only ecologist on this side of the state and they have lots of work for me. Things have kind of gone stale here at the refuge and I have pretty much plateaued in terms of professional development... so I am seriously considering selling my soul to consulting to take my career to the next level... plus I am only guaranteed one more year at the refuge after Oct anyway. I don't really have any more details, but it is somewhat reassuring to have options. This place has been interesting. I have learned a lot about myself and the universe. Many of those lessons have been humbling and many have been enlightening... i need to reflect...

No comments: